Thursday, July 26, 2012

July 23, 2012

This week was a walking week and very tiring, plus it warmed up again so I was always hot. Mirna left to Lambare with her mom while she is doing her Lawyer stuff, so we didn´t get to talk to her.

     Monday after we passed by Miguel, who wasn´t home, we decided to explore the area. Later after looking at the map we discovered that we had done at least half of our contacts in Villa Anita. Looks like we´ll be giving them a lot of references tomorrow. On Tuesday we went to have interviews in the office with Pdte Agazzani. 3.5 hours for a 10 minute talk. He didn´t even try to get to know me. All he said was "You have little time left. If you want to end your mission with more baptisms you need to do this..." I´m not offended or anything, but I thought it was a waste of time for information that I already know and have been doing. At least we got to eat at McDonalds afterwards. Then when we went to visit Miguel we discovered more good news. His wife bought him glasses! Now he can read! Yay! He wasn´t home, but we gave her a pamphlet so that he could read it, ha ha. ;P

     Wednesday I finally got my Birthday package. Our lunch appointment fell, so then I ate a bunch of candy. Bad decision. It made me feel bad later. The candy disappeared before Saturday. On Thursday during Noche de Barrio I handed out all the Warheads and watched all their silly reactions. That is true fun. I wish I could have recorded it all. I laughed until it hurt. Carlos Ledezma, a member that we usually leave with to teach, got mugged and now doesn´t have a cell phone. It was in the middle of the city, so now I´m never going to bring valuables around at night.

     Friday they cut down the giant mango tree in front of the capilla. We had nothing to do, so we walked around Capilla Del Monte (A place where there is only 1 house on each block and a forest in between each). Surprisingly there are a lot of members who live there so we made a bunch of appointments for Saturday. Then on Saturday we had to sacrifice some of those appointments so that we could teach Miguel and have "Mission Correlacion". When we taught Miguel he asked us to move his fecha back more because he doesn´t understand anything yet. That was the plan becuase he really isn´t ready, but I was kinda surprised he remebered his baptismal date. He really does want to get baptized.

     Sunday Miguel came to church by himself again. Yay! I gave a talk about the importance of Members doing Missionary work. They all "paid attention", but I don´t think they "Paid Comprehension". It´s hard to apply what you learn if you are hearing, but not listening. Then after church we taught Miguel and we finally got him to say an entire prayer by himself. It took much patience and rephrasing to get him to understand. Did I mention about how happy I was that he has glasses? Yay! One of the recent converts who Elder Ackerman baptized isn´t coming to church anymore. We talked to Carlos about why and he said that Church is Boring and he says he doesn´t like me because I don´t talk to him or something. When we taught him I talked the entire time! I don´t get it. We will have to work with him this week.

This week was kinda slow, so that´s all I got.
Love Ya!
Elder Zachary James Singson

No comments:

Post a Comment