Monday, July 9, 2012

July 9, 2012


Now officially begins the reign of the Agazzani, The Reign of Argentina!

     Last week we wrote our first Letter to Pdte Agazzani. It was strange. I didn´t know what to say. On Monday we ate at Real to celebrate me and Elder Henrie´s B day. Tuesday was fun though because we went on Divisions with the Zone Leaders after the District Meeting. I went with Elder Marple to Villa Elisa and Elder Durrant went with Elder Ackerman to Paí-Ñu. It was a crazy and very tiring day. First we had a random lesson with a Pentecostal guy. He was good and receptive, but his schedule will make it difficult for him to go to church. Next lesson was with a guy who was super slow. I don´t know why but he had no idea what we were talking about. With a simple question like "Do you believe in God?" he didn´t know what to say. After that we went to a guy who has a baptismal date to make sure he´s progressing with Keeping the Word of Wisdom.
     Then we went to talk to Edgar Pavon and his Mom to see if she would give her kid permission so he can get baptized. This was the hard part. She is like a wall, no emotion. We had brought 3 members with us to help Hna Mara (Friend of the Mom), her daughter, and Diego (Friend of Edgar). 
Basically Elder Marple did a quick and simple lesson 1 and asked Edgar to share his testimony. Honestly Edgar´s testimony sucked. I think he was scared of his mom, but he didn´t say more than 3 words at a time. Anyways to make up for it the Hna Mara gave her testimony and said that the church will help her son, then Her daughter cried when sharing her testimony. Next the Hna Pavon said I don´t think he knows enough yet to make a decision and I destroyed her doubt with Acts 2 and that we have to act on faith and not depend on knowlegde. The spirit was so powerful, but she said "We´ll see": UGH! No human could have denied the spirit!... Unless... SHE´S A ROBOT!!! AAAH!!! ROBOT INVASION!!!
     Anyways the next lesson was just as interesting. We were teaching an investigator, the Hna Fernandez, with a Recent Convert and at the very end of the lesson her drunk husband comes in and Elder Marple made the mistake of saying "Que tal Hermano?". The drunk husband runs to his room and yells "I´m not your brother I´m Athiest!" and then he slammed the door. Less than a second later he opens the door and yells "AND I HATE THE UNITED STATES" and slams the door again. Then repeats the same action and yells something random for 2 minutes straight. Then suddenly he comes over to us and says "I Just Want To Find Peace, Don´t you teach that in your church?" Of course we said yes and we gave him a lesson 3 pamphlet and told him to read it when he is sober. He talked for another 5 minutes about nonsense and then he joined us for the Prayer. The Hna Fernandez was really embarrassed. Fun Huh?

     Wednesday I turned 21 and going back to my area I discovered that our lunch appointment had been cancelled. Of course it happened on my birthday. I didn´t feel like cooking so we ordered a pizza instead. We visited a lot of other appointments that Elder Durrant had set the day before, but just like lunch, they all fell. We did kinda celebrate my birthday with the Flia Estigarribia Martinez. The Hna Made us all sandwiches and Sebastian, her son, made us Juice. I don´t like celebrating birthdays when you are new in an area.

     Thursday we went to meet the Pdte Agazzani and his wife for the first time. It started to rain, but I don´t have an umbrella and Elder Ackerman gave his for 2 Hermanas to use. So I was soaked. It was interesting meeting the new Mission President. He is really different from the Argentina Prototype. He is very young, 43, and new so I don´t know what to think of him yet. After getting back from the meeting in Asuncion I was surprised when we left with a Member, Carlos, and we taught 3 lessons with the little time we had left.

     The rain from yesterday made it freezing cold. Friday we had an appointment in the Church at 3. I decided that we should go early just in case they came early. Turns out Carlos was preparing a surprise for my birthday. I discovered them. We ate pie-ish substance and hot chocolate. Then we got to know his friends who want to learn more about the church. They are all jovens, but that's ok. Later we went back to the church to have Mission Correlation Meeting thingy, but Charly (The ward mission leader) didn´t show up and he didn´t answer his phone, so we sat outside of the Capilla pointlessly for 30 minutes.

     Saturday I woke up with my socks on, but my feet were like Icicles. We had lots of appointments, but ended up teaching only 1 lesson in someone´s house and 3 in the street while contacting. Sunday I was surprised because Miguel, an investigator that they taught on Tuesday, was waiting for us to take him to church. He actually came! That was fast. He said he really liked it. Next week we are going to bring all of Carlos´ friends too. I´m glad to see that 100 people still come to church even though it´s cold.
     It was impossible to teach because Cerro and Olympia were playing. That would be like Real Madrid and Barcelona, so nobody wanted to listen to us. They were out in the cold watching the game. The only time I´ve seen so many people outside when it´s cold. Anyways Cerro won and the Olympistas are all going to be bitter. Not fun.

I love you always,
Elder Zachary James Singson

No comments:

Post a Comment