Monday, August 6, 2012

August 9, 2012

Last Monday was the Paraguayan "Dia de la Amistad", but I thought it was dumb because absolutely nobody was friendly to us. So after failed attempts of visiting people we decided to buy a Pizza and celebrate. Fortunately I had enough money to do a small amount shopping because I ran out of money because it´s the end of the month. Tuesday we pulled out money, but since we couldn´t go to the supermarket I decided that if I get hungry I´ll just buy empanadas during the week. We went to our cita with Mirna, but she had to leave to go to Luque again, so now I feel like she will never progress. Stupid work, it´s always getting in the way!

     Wednesday it got really hot again. I hate the BiPolar weather. It made me sweat a lot and the last hour before we went back home the power went out. We had to do planning in the dark and it was really hot and we couldn´t use the fan. We went to Miguel, but his wife says that he has to work really late this week again. Why can´t any of our Investigators stick around long enough to Progress?
     Thursday after Plan Guasu we did Divisions with Elder Geary. I stayed in Paí-Ñu with Elder Geary and Elder Ackerman went with Elder Cristaldo. Besides talking a lot nothing happened. I was surprised because usually some really crazy stuff happens while we are on divisions, then after all the strangeness we usually get a miracle. Well we found some people, but I could have done that with Elder Ackerman.

     Friday we ate with Paí-Ñu 1.2 at our house. Afterwards we ended the exchanges and returned to normalness. Randomly the Assistants called us and asked if we knew an Hermana that could serve as a Local Missionary during the next change, so we gave them the number of Noelia who just happens to be preparing for a mission. But she has to be ready by Tuesday and I don´t know if she works. I was really hungry all day, so at every empanada stand I bought food to eat as I walked.
     Saturday we ate with the Paí-Ñu 1.2 Elders again in our house and then they showed us a house that has gone up for rent in their area. Elder Ackerman wants to move there, but I just don´t want to deal with the Hassle. I can endure in our defective house.  I´ve had worse. There was a football game during the afternoon and everybody said "come back later I´m watching football". It was lame because the game wasn´t very important and nobody seemed excited about it, but they used it as an excuse anyways. We had Mission Correlation at night and Paí-Ñu is on a crazy rollercoaster of Good and Bad. Ay yay yay.

     Sunday 115 people came to church. I was surprised because everybody was there on time. There was a lot of people for the Priesthood meeting. Miguel came, but then when we tried to make an appointment with him he said he is going to travel after church and he won´t be back until thursday. Ugh.
     In the Gospel Principles class we were talking about charity and while reading the lesson I thought "How are we ever supposed be like that?" I felt the Spirit a lot and I felt that one day I´ll reach that level of Charity.
     Testimony meeting went over 15 minutes because of all the testimonies. When I bore my testimony the spirit was so strong that it began to shoot out of my ears while I was speaking. Elder Villalba bore his last Testimony in Paraguay and he will be leaving this Thursday. Crazy.

I have Three New Goals for my Bucket List. I have chosen these based on promises from D&C.
  1. I want to be so full of Joy that I will faint (Like Ammon). I think I got pretty close when the Spirit was shooting out of my ears.
  2. I want to see the Vision of The Celestial, Terrestrial, and Telestial Kingdoms.
  3. I want to see Christ Face to Face in a Vision.
All three could possibly happen at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment